Facebook marketplace rules and guidelines help keep the marketplace safe and enjoyable for everyone. It is important to read and follow these rules when using the marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace Rules and Guidelines
1. Sellers are required to accurately represent their item’s condition, features, components, and authenticity.
2. Products must not be counterfeit or stolen, and all items must have been legally obtained by the seller.
3. All transactions must comply with applicable laws, including but not limited to age limitations for certain products and services that may require parental consent or additional authorization from a guardian.
4. Sellers are prohibited from advertising products or services on Marketplace that are illegal, dangerous, or that violate Facebook’s Community Standards.
5. Sellers may not misrepresent the item they are selling in any way. This includes but is not limited to pricing and quantity of items available for sale.
6. All transactions must be conducted within Marketplace and no contact information may be exchanged prior to completion of the sale.
7. All payments must be made through Facebook’s secure payment system and refunds must not be given outside of this system.
8. Sellers must promptly respond to customer inquiries and resolve any issues within 48 hours or in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
9. Products must not be shipped outside of the country they are listed in unless authorized by Facebook.
10. Sellers must comply with all applicable tax laws and file any necessary paperwork as required by law.
11. Sellers must provide tracking information for orders when requested, and must respond promptly to customer inquiries related to their purchases.
12. All Marketplace transactions must be completed within 30 days.
13. Sellers may not use language that is offensive, profane, or discriminatory in their product descriptions or communications with customers.
14. Buyers and sellers must not engage in any fraudulent activity on Marketplace and must report any suspicious activity to Facebook immediately.
15. No weapons, drugs, or other hazardous materials may be listed for sale on Marketplace.
16. Sellers are responsible for honoring any guarantees or warranties associated with the sale of their products and must prominently display these policies in their listings.
17. Sellers must adhere to all terms and conditions outlined by Facebook when creating a listing and completing a sale.
18. Sellers must not post content that includes personal information, such as addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses.
19. Sellers may not use Marketplace for any commercial activity other than selling products and services listed in their shop.
20. Facebook reserves the right to suspend or terminate a seller’s account if any of these rules are violated.
Facebook Marketplace Rules to Achieve Success
Know the Basics
There are some rules to follow when using Facebook Marketplace. You must be at least 18 years old to use the platform. You cannot offer anything that is illegal or harmful. You cannot offer anything with a price tag under $100. You cannot offer anything more than once per week. And finally, you cannot offer anything that has been stolen.
Understand the Different Types of Products
Facebook Marketplace is a new feature that allows users to sell products directly through Facebook. This means that sellers do not have to go through an intermediary such as eBay or Amazon. Instead, they can list items directly on Facebook.
Choose the Right Product Type
There are three different product types available on Facebook Marketplace: Physical Products, Services, and Digital Goods. Each type has its own set of rules and regulations. Physical Products: These are tangible goods that can be seen and touched. They must be listed with a photo, description, price, and shipping address. You cannot use a listing template for these products. Services: These are services that people can hire out to others. They must be listed by providing a service name, description, hourly rate, and location. You cannot use a template for these listings. Digital Goods: These are digital files that can be downloaded or streamed. They must be listed using a template.
Create an Awesome Profile Picture
If you’re looking to sell something on Facebook Marketplace, you should make sure your profile picture is awesome. It’s one of the first things potential buyers will see when they visit your business page. Make sure it’s professional, eye-catching, and representative of your brand.
Set up a Great Description
You also need to make sure your description is clear and concise. This is where you give potential customers an idea of what your product is and why they should buy it. A good description includes details such as how much your item costs, what size it is, and whether it has been tested by other users.
Facebook Marketplace lets users sell products to each other. Sellers must accurately describe items’ condition, features, components, and authenticity. All things must be legitimate and not counterfeit or stolen. Facebook Marketplace has rules about what things you can sell. Each type has rules. Your profile photo should be professional, eye-catching, and brand-representative and ensure to create a superb product description to attract customers.
3 thoughts on “Facebook Marketplace Rules: 20 Guidelines for Success Explained”
Thank you 😊 for information on rules but yesterday sold a video player to assist an elderly man then next day went to use my phone the marketplace icon no there and my Facebook app not working there then went to Google and typed Facebook Janette Bradshaw it came up why has someone hacked into my Facebook and you theres no marketplace icon please can you assist help me thank you want to buy a plant for lady.😊💕
Iwant to sell how do I sell the